Welcome to my newest concept “The 20 Foodie Questions”.
I always believe that before you go global, one should be able to harness the particular and therefore it is just proper to recognize our home grown talents. So every month I will feature a chef with their answers to the 20 foodie questions.
For the first edition, I am featuring my very good friend Chef Mark Infante.
Name: Chef Mark Infante
Country of Residence: Philippines
1. Your Current Job/ Business: Research and Development (R&D) Chef, Event Stylist, Part time Chef Instructor
2. About Your ideal Kitchen: I would like a modern , granite work tops, a double oven but raised at eye level.
3. Your Favorite cooking Item: Chef’s Knife and My Old hand mixer is definitely my most useful item for 7 years
4. First Job: Chef Instructor and part-time Chef consultant at my uncle’s Pub house.
5. Your favorite Cookbook: Cook’s Bible, Chocolate Unwrapped by Sarah Jane Evans
6. Your Awards: None that I can remember
7. Your Cooking Inspiration: My inspiration was my mom. She’s a great cook.
8. Your Specialty Dish: Seafood Ravioli in creamy aligue sauce
9. Favorite Dish To Eat: Vietnamese food (Bahn mi), Singaporean Laksa, Thai
10. Weirdest Thing You Ever Ate: Durian
11. Favorite Ice Cream Flavor: Dark Chocolate, Pistachio, Vanilla
12. Favorite Drink: Earl grey Milk tea and Green tea frappe
13. Favorite Wine: Hermits or any Dessert wines
14. Who Would You Most Like To Cook For: I would love to cook for Chef Bernadette Olivares she used to be my mentor when I was in college.
15. Who Would You Least Like To Cook For: People who are on diet.
16. Favorite Things To Do When Not Cooking: Watching TV series, going for a grocery, and shopping
17. Your Latest Project: I prepared 3 course 20 pax menu for friend’s birthday last February
18. Favorite City/ Country and Why: Pampanga is the best for me. There are lots of good restaurants and super delicious foods.
19. Your Greatest Indulgence: Real Belgian chocolates
20. All Time Best Culinary Tip: Cook with your heart